CSS Compressor Tool
Add up to 10 multiple CSS files (Size Limit: 2MB per file)
Online compressor for CSS files to reduce file size, get lower download times and save bandwidth. Online CSS Minifier/Compressor. Free! Works with Media Queries. Provides an API. Simple Quick and Fast! Minifying CSS takes the beautified, well formed CSS code that you have written and removes the spacing, indentation, newlines, and comments. These elements are not required for CSS to be used successfully. It also makes the CSS more difficult to read. The 'best practice' of many developers is to maintain a 'beautified' version, and when rolling out their project will run the styles through a minification program. They will also combine their many style files into one file.
Compresses a CSS string/file with no possible side-effect. This compressor is based on Yahoo!'s YUI Compressor.
- Removes useless white spaces, indentation characters and line breaks
- Strips all comments
- Removes the last semi-colon of a style declaration and extra semi-colons
- Removes empty CSS declarations
- Removes units when using zero values
- Removes the leading 0 if a float value is lower than one
- Chances RGB color values to a shorter hexadecimal format
- Hexadecimal colors following the pattern #AABBCC are reduced to #ABC
- Keeps a single charset per CSS file removing all extra declarations
- None values are converted to 0 whenever safe to do so
Note: the easiest way to look a site’s CSS is to use a tool like firebug on firefox, but sometimes you still might want to view the full source to see any browser-specific hacks that won’t appear in firebug or to just take a peak at how someone may organize his or her code.